Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Class



I take 3-4 classes a week but Saturday class is by far my favorite for several reasons.
1) Its on Saturday at 1:45 pm. At this time of day the Nurses are all in the middle of shift at the hospital, so no change of shift confusion calls to my pager. The patients are all usually napping because they have just eaten an gotten their pain medication, so no patient care issues. Its too early in the day for people to be leaving the bars drunk, so the Emergency Room usually leaves me alone. All this means that my pager, which I carry inside my leotard during class, is mercifully quiet.
2) After class I can go home an veg out by cleaning my usually disgusting house. This gives my a double feeling of accomplishment for the day.
3) My favorite reason that Saturday class is the best- there are usually two ladies who are over 50 in the class. They are not afraid to ask the teacher to repeat combinations- which I am ALWAYS grateful for- and they are not afraid to make self-deprecating comments that lighten the mood and make me forget about the 2 teenage  bun heads doing triple pirouettes.  They usually encourage me and remind me that dancing is a joy at any age. I aspire to be as confident and kind as these ladies when I am in my 50's and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment