Saturday, March 10, 2012

A little Vanity

I do my best to avoid indulging my vanity but I fail most of the time. I am notorious for short workout fads to improve my bikini profile- yes I have done P90X. That 3 month stent into workout hell left me 7 lbs heavier and incredibly buff- but not in the good way. I had amazing triceps but this (see pic)  was not the look I was going for.

   After 9 months of ballet 3-4 days a week I have not noticed any changes in my body- until I returned to take care of America's Veteran's. Six months ago I was rotating at the VA and could fit into the xtra-small scrubs but it was not the comfortable fit you need when hammering away at a knee. I have now returned to the VA and have been pleasantly surprised that I have a comfortable fit in those xtra-small scrubs with room for all the musculoskeletal carpentry I want. Between ballet and the great upper body work I get from putting in a total knee I might just be ready to don the bikini on my ten-year wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment